This review contains a detailed complaint about TFX International's vehicle transport services. I am the author  Frank Rayner and will totally describe my negative experience with the company, detailing issues such as vehicle damage, poor service, and a lack of accountability. I strongly want to warn others about using TFX International, sharing this story and will input detailed email strings of this whole costly experience with a incompetent ripoff company and will post additional negative reviews to highlight the company's alleged unethical practices and failures in fulfilling their service promises.

Recently, I made a significant investment in a rare and valuable 1 of a kind Frank Elliot 5 year Rotisserie restoration 472 Hemi - 4 speed - Dana 60 car from Ryan -  The Boat Wholesaler in Ontario, following their recommendation to utilize TFX Auto Transport for shipping arrangements - that was on or about January 29th.

The agreement and signed contract was for the car to be collected from Ryan's sizable heated storage facility, loaded directly onto the transport trailer in the large warehouse in that facility and delivered straight to my home in NB. I had meticulously prepared for its arrival by clearing the driveway of all snow down to clean blacktop, ensuring a smooth 20 foot transition into one of my garages.

However, TFX failed to uphold their end of the deal. Instead of picking up the car from the agreed location, citing truck malfunctions on several occasions as an excuse, they recklessly had it driven  500 meters in the midst of a snowstorm to an auto repair shop without my knowledge, where it languished for ten days despite assurances of prompt retrieval. The owner of the repair shop, unable to accommodate the prolonged storage of the vehicle, allowed it to be moved around within the premises.

Subsequently, the car when TLX finally arrived was driven onto salty roads to load as per truck pictures attached  once again I was assured it would be delivered to me where I had again had access prepared at my residence as agreed, but instead they transported the vehicle to TFX's storage facility where it remained idle for an additional two weeks and was finally delivered March 4th 2024 but to AJM Classic Inc.

Upon discovering that TFX had exposed the car to snow and salt, I rightfully demanded a thorough detailing to eliminate any damage caused by contamination. Shockingly, Adam, purportedly the owner's son, callously refused to comply. Left with no other recourse, I was compelled to deliver the car and enlist the services of AJM Classics Inc. in Moncton  NB for a complete detailing, only to uncover extensive other damage inflicted by TFX from their constant loading and unloading.

Now, TFX has adopted a stance of silence, ignoring my emails and withholding information regarding their insurer, effectively obstructing my ability to file a claim for damages.

This egregious behavior and blatant disregard for their responsibilities must be addressed promptly and rectified without further delay.

It appears that due to disrespect for a one of a kind classic 6 figure vehicle I am forced to rectify this matter legally which is already being done.

BUT I WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO BE AWARE OF DEALING WITH THIS UNETHICAL COMPANY - READ THEIR NEGATIVE REVIEWS AS IT GIVES AN HONEST INSITE INTO THIS COMPANIES REAL FAILING BUSINESS ETHICS AND MOTTO "  WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE "

1964-FRANK-ELLIOT-472-HEMI.jpg

1964-FRANK-ELLIOT-472-HEMI-.jpg

1964-FRANK-ELLIOT-472-HEMI3.jpg

1964-FRANK-ELLIOT-HEMI-1.jpg

1964-HEMI-1.jpg

1964-HEMI-13.jpg

1964-HEMI-18.jpg

1964-HEMI-20.jpg

OOPS-TFX-AT-ITS-BEST.jpg

POLARA-1-TRUCK.jpg

POLARA-1-TRUCK-.jpg

image1.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image8 (1).jpeg

image9 (1).jpeg

image9-(1)-FRAME-DAMAGE.jpg

image9-(1)-FRAME-DAMAGE-2.jpg

image11-DAMAGED-HEADERS.jpg

SI-3633---Frank-Raynor---AJ.jpg

Edited March 12 by Frank Rayner

Frank Rayner

• Frank Rayner
  • Administrators
  • Author
  •  
Posted March 8 · IP  (edited)

More Reviews :

Milanese Advisory Services LLC Milanese Advisory Services LLC  6 reviews  3 years ago
Beware SNOWBIRDS this is the 'WORST' experience I have ever had in shipping vehicles from Canada to Florida.

They claim they are the best industry which, is simply NOT true.

TFX International will not accept any responsibility when they damage your vehicle. We all understand that mistakes can happen from time to time, and when a vendor damages your property they 'normally' take responsibility and find a suitable solution to resolve the issue.

If you feel it is important to work with a company that will accept responsibility and look after you when they mess up, then TFX International is 'NOT' for you. If you want to avoid a big headache then find a different company to use.

I would 'NOT' recommend TFX International to anyone.
Aman Sidhu Aman Sidhu 7 reviews 6 years ago

My Vehicle was dropped off at TFX Toronto second week of September coming out to Vancouver, it is October 3rd today still hasn't arrived. I learned today it will now be end the of week which will be almost a month. I know they are the name of the game in shipping cars but timing is key. Would be nice they let a customer know that a truck wont be full and heading out there till a couple weeks rather then taking it on and letting it sit. There are other companies charging the same and doing 5-6 day turn around with smaller car carrier.
Dave Keith Dave Keith 3 reviews 3 years ago Critical: Professionalism Very disappointing.

I am sure TFX is great if nothing goes wrong. It is possible that things rarely go wrong so it's a pity that, when they do, TFX doesn't respond appropriately. In this particular delivery, it is clear that professional after delivery care was not provided and those involved have let down the other departments within TFX that did do a good job.

My experience is of a three week shipment by TFX from Florida to Alberta of a very well kept, 21 year old luxury car I had purchased. Up to the point of delivery to me, I was expecting to give 4-stars to TFX, with only minor issues eliminating the fifth star. The following describes why I am giving only 1-star.

The car has ceramic coating and had been detailed inside and out shortly before pickup. On delivery, it was clean and shining, as I expected, but there were two problems: the delivery driver pointed out a serious scratch on the front bumper; and I discovered a broken park brake release handle, lying on the front passenger's seat.

The BOL (Bill of Lading) condition report, prepared by TFX at pickup and signed by the seller's wife (the seller was in hospital - both are elderly), stated it was prepared in "poor lighting"; the car was "dirty"; had "polish marks" (eh?) and there were scratches in eleven locations. I cannot see a mark on the BOL at the location of the serious scratch and it did not mention the broken brake release handle. Neither of these things seem to bear any relevance to TFX. I am satisfied that the seller, who had provided me with photos of blemishes on the car, would have told me about the serious scratch on the bumper and would have said if the brake release handle had been broken during his care. He was not aware of either.

I wrote to TFX about these issues. TFX's responses have been disappointing, defensive, disparaging and dismissive. In essence, TFX claims the BOL indicates the serious scratch and is a legally binding document; that the brake release was already broken; and the scratch could have been caused by a shopping cart. TFX also claimed they had cleaned the car (perhaps this is why some of the scratches indicated on the BOL are no longer visible). I was promised a pdf of the BOL (I haven't received it) and, most importantly, photographs of the car taken by the TFX driver at pickup. I am now expected to believe the driver deleted the photos "since the vehicle had already been delivered he had deleted them to save precious memory space on his phone"! Seriously?!

If TFX had contacted the driver, why did the driver delete the photos? If TFX did not contact the driver, why not: TFX had a genuinely concerned customer to placate. I am reminded of the Price Pritchett's famous adage, "Everyone makes honest mistakes but there's no such thing as an honest cover up!" Thirty years ago, I would have taken aggressive action against TFX, to recover the costs of detailing and replacement. Today, I am advised to avoid this kind of stress ... but I can still share my experience.

Whatever may be your reason for using TFX, my advice is to ensure you take your own detailed photos at the same time the pickup driver takes his.

Ergo, one star for this job. 

WJ WJ  44 reviews·15 photos 10 months ago 
might want to check that the speed governor is actually on the truck as someone was driving at least 115km/hr on the QEW and passing vehicles left and right april 10th heading into niagara... not so good for a company that ships :S
Response from the owner10 months ago
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is strange as all TFX trucks are governed at 105. Did you happen to get a license plate or unit number? Nonetheless I will definitely look into this.

Christine Horodnyk
President
Damien Hinschberger Damien Hinschberger 4 reviews·1 photo 2 years ago
Critical: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness
TFX International ~ Trying to charge me roughly $3,000.00 to transport two 48y.o. cars 5 miles across the border! I have no issues paying customs charges, it's to be expected. i got the quote from Adam for a 200km transport Originally, but when asked how much simply 5 miles would be instead, i was told (the)"Same." because (it was the)"Same amount of work.".. how does it take the same amount of work to travel 190 km less?! does that mean my mileage is a Flat Rate!? if i'm not being charged for the 190KM EXTRA, Will i not be charged for the remaining 740 MILES left i need them transported? there is NO breakdown of fees for vehicle loading/unloading and $$$$PER KM/MILE.....Very unsatisfied with the companies service and arrogant employees.
Response from the owner6 months ago
Damien I'm sorry you were disappointed with our pricing. It is the same as even for the small moves we have to send a truck from our office in Etobicoke to do the job and to return the truck to our warehouse. We have to pay for the fuel and the drivers work no matter the distance due to the location of our yard where our trucks are dispatched from. It would not be worth it to do a 5KLM trip based solely on the mileage. We would lose money. I'm not sure how you can criticize the service if you didn't use us which is your prerogative. I don't believe Adam was trying to be arrogant just direct and sometimes people don't like what they hear. I hope you were able to get the job done for your expected cost. We wish you all the best.

Christine Horodnyk
President
Brad C Brad C 1 review 5 years ago
Glad they're not hauling my vehicles after I witnessed the driver cut across a few lanes and rough shoulder at 100k/hr so he didn't miss his exit to the 401. You know you can turn around at the next exit and not put drivers around you at risk, right? Pretty erratic driving for a high end vehicle transfer company.

Christine, I didn't get the unit number, however, it was a 1or 3/4 ton dodge ram northbound on the 427 and radically exited to the east bound 401 ramp at approximately 12 noon Dec.17

Carlos D Carlos D 2 reviews 4 years agoOne of the most miserable experiences I've ever had with a vendor. I had them ship a car from Ontario, CA to east coast US. Every aspect of dealing with them showed utter incompetence. From filling out the initial papers, to tracking the vehicle, to the delivery of the car and needed papers, to them not understanding a wire transfer, everything was done badly. They made the entire process ten times more difficult than it should have been. If your idea of fun is being waterboarded, go ahead and have them ship your car.

After a long time, I just noticed the response below. SO in addition providing horrible service, they are also LIARS. Yes this is them! Yeah- I mixed up their name AND address. Sure I did. uhuh. Liars!
The driver made the roads really dangerous. Heading north on the 416 towards Ottawa today when the driver started riding our bumper. We were going 110km/h when he attempted to pass, he proceeded to drive between the lanes and use his horn. He swerved back and forth numerous times. He then cut off the car in front of us. We witnessed this happen a few times to the people ahead of us. I would expect much more professional behaviour from transport drivers. This driver should not have a job as he is putting peoples lives at risk. Called the company and have not received an answer. I have the trailer plate and the plate from the cab recorded.
Vishal Rane Vishal Rane 1 review7 years ago

I was given a quote for my vehicle transport of the 3rd of October. I had to use the make and model of my vehicle for the quote. After proceeding with the booking and filling out all the paperwork and again putting in the make and model, we were trying to determine a pick up time and date for the vehicle. On the 19th I was informed they made a mistake and they thought I had a bike. They then turn around and more then double their price, when I have to leave in 11 days. They essentially screwed me over, because now my car won't be delivered on time. 

Shauna Kalicki  Shauna Kalicki 13 reviews 6 years ago 

Awefull! Do not use this service if you want anything done quickly. I arranged for my motorcycle to be transported from Calgary to Vancouver on April 20th, today is May 2nd and it has yet to arrive. I had to contact them a week after arranging service for dates of transport, which were incorrect and I'm still waiting........I will not use this service again. 

wow, I will never trust this company with a single car of mine. These people are the worst type of people you could find to take care of your precious and expensive vehicles. Because they sure as heck don't care about you, they sure wont care for your car either. Do not trust them!!!! Christine's reply below goes to show you how much they care or remeber! I directly emailed her and her VP Wally. 
Lawrence Merritt (Larry)  Lawrence Merritt (Larry) Local Guide·94 reviews·7 photos 4 years ago
I was going to enquire about the cost of transporting 2 rare cars from Brampton to Edmonton until I was passed by one of your trucks on the wildlife infested highway 17 around Thompson ON. I was doing 90, the posted MAXIMUM speed limit, my guess of your drivers speed was at least 105. You might want to remind your drivers they are driving a 75' billboard.

Nikit Lamba Nikit Lamba Local Guide·37 reviews·3 photos  2 years ago Critical: Professionalism, Quality

I never give such a low rating, but this experience with TFX has been incredibly frustrating and disappointing. Late and unreliable pickup. Damaged side mirror and they won’t agree that it’s their fault. I don’t recommend this firm to anyone. I hope experiences for others have been better.

Details below:
After sending numerous emails, I somewhat understood how my car would be picked up from Calgary and delivered to Vancouver. Without me pressing for answers, no one provided a date range of when the car would be picked up or how long the transport would take. I believe this should be basic information which should be provided to the customer. Regardless, this is just the beginning.

Finally, On Oct 18th I received the date range provided by TFX (Oct 28th – Nov 2nd) for my car pickup and a transport time of 2-3 days.
On Oct 29th – I reached out to see if TFX can provide me a exact day so I can plan the pickup. They mentioned the truck driver would call on Nov 1st for a pickup on Nov 2nd.

Nov 1st – No call.

Nov 2nd Morning – I follow up twice to get an update. TFX responds that they will contact the driver quickly and provide a status update. NO status update was provided.

Nov 2nd Evening – The driver calls for the pickup (assuming TFX called their driver, but still not status update on what’s happening. They are already 1 day late, and we have to replan our days). The driver is adamant that he can only pickup the car on Nov 3rd at 12PM, no other time is possible. We somehow coordinate our workdays to work around the time for a pickup on Nov 3rd at 12PM.

Nov 3rd – Driver does not come at 12PM. We call the driver, and he says, he is running 2-3 hours late as he is picking up other cars. The driver eventually calls and shows up at 5PM, 5 hours late. As we load the car, the truck is completely empty. I have no idea what cars he has been picking up. The pickup is finished in about 45 mins. The driver leaves and provides the wrong car paperwork to us. The paperwork is for a completely different car and person. I email TFX and ask their driver as well to provide the correct paperwork. We really don’t want the car sent somewhere else in the world. No correct paperwork is provided.

Nov – Received the car on time (this was awesome), but slight damage on the side mirror.

December / January – I receive an aggressive call saying I haven’t paid them for the transportation. I told them they hadn’t sent any paper work and then eventually relaxed because it was their fault.
Present: They won’t agree to pay for my damage they caused, very disappointing. 

Greg Alton  Greg Alton  12 reviews 2 years ago
Not recommended, I've shipped plenty of vehicles with a number of shipping companies, but I've never encountered an attitude this poor dominating the initial quote. Not recommended.2

Greg I'm sorry for the late reply. I was locked out of google and only just recovered the account. I cannot find you in our system. If you would like to reach out and let me know what upset you I would like to hear about it. We try very hard to give a professional experience to everyone.

Christine Horodnyk
President

Ilay  Ilay  20 reviews·24 photos  2 years ago

STAY AWAY
Super expensive (about 30% more then other companies) and very unprofessional.
There is many other companies out there who will appreciate your business much more and also has much better rates
I'm sorry I don't know who you are and what we did that was unprofessional. There are many levels of service in the auto transport business. From rail to open to enclosed. I would like to understand how we could have done better. Please reach out to me if you have an opportunity.

Christine Horodnyk
President

Blake  Blake  Local Guide·43 reviews·2 photos 8 months ago
Clear disregard for the community when they illegally block bike lanes, forcing bicycles into traffic.

Jay Deene Jay Deene 3 reviews·3 photos 5 years ago 

Worst service ever ! Car not on time , no phone call from the driver , wasted a whole working day at home for nothing because they never showed up .... big zéro ! Last time with this company

Going to have to agree with Carlos.
LOTS MORE TO COME - PLEASE CHECK BACK 

Edited March 8 by Frank Rayner

• Mar 9Frank Rayner changed the title to TFX International Specialized Vehicle Transport - Watch Out For And Do Not Use As They Damage Vehicles - Give Poor Service And Their Motto Is : " WE ARE NOT REPOSSIBLE "

Frank Rayner

• Frank Rayner
  • Administrators
  • Author
  •  
Posted March 9 · IP  (edited)

Complaints for TFX International Specialized Vehicle Transport

Transportation
View Business profile

Need to file a complaint?

BBB is here to help. We'll guide you through the process.

File a Complaint

Complaint Details

Note that complaint text that is displayed might not represent all complaints filed with BBB. See details.

Filter by
Filter by
Complaint Status
All complaint statusesComplaint Answered
Complaint Type
All complaint typesGuarantee/Warranty Issues (1)

Showing all complaints

Sort
Most RecentComplaint StatusComplaint Type
  • Initial Complaint

26/10/2022

Complaint Type:
    Guarantee/Warranty Issues
    Answered
    More info
    TFX International is a car transport company that must adhere to the mandate established in the Province of Ontario where they operate. Background After doing my due diligence in seeking/selecting a vehicle transport company in shipping my vehicle I decided to entrust the safe transportation and delivery of my vehicle to TFX International and therefore effectively engaged them. Like many other clients my due diligence involves TFX International's adherence to the insurance guidelines, laws as well as contractional obligations in the trust agreement arrived at prior to engaging their services. Problem: Unfortunately, TFX international has failed to follow their mandate which obviously directly impacts on their contractual obligations to their client. TFX international has continually failed to forward any and all insurance forms or information that is required in order to place and commence my insurance claim due to the damages incurred while my vehicle was in their trust and care. Instead, I have received several versions and adaptations to what appears to be the administration of a contentious proceeding that is irrelevant. TFX International seems to be pressing forth a discussion marathon without merit. What I fear is that the lack of competence in TFX international handling these issues may result in a design for others to abuse the process done in good faith. Simply put forward the information and documents necessary in order for me to commence my Insurance claim.

Business response

23/11/2022

This vehicle was delivered and received without any issues being noted at delivery. ******** ** * **** ** the delivery receipt showing the vehicle was accepted and signed for in good condition. 

Customer response

29/11/2022

Complaint: ********

I am rejecting this response because:

Recap: 
    I entrusted my vehicle to be shipped by TFX International from Toronto, Ontario to Huntington Beach California. 
    TFX delivered it with significant damage to which I alerted TFX International ASAP. 

Throughout TFX International's delays they forwarded several versions where they alleged to deal with my claim at a later date; the excuses ranged from, they were busy at a car show, then with a funeral and then that their main character would not be in the office to deal with the matter. 

Latest Version: 

TFX international response through the BBB is alleging that someone had signed away TFX's responsibility to any damages as caused while it was in their care.
    It is a new and interesting version as it now establishes TFX International's action as done in bad faith effectively frustrating the contract. 

My concern also looks to the sadness in the loss of value to my collector automobile which I am now looking to add to my claim. I am seeking $5,336.81 in repairs, $4,025.00 in diminished value as well as $300.00 in costs. 

I would appreciate TFX International's proper attention to my claim as well as to deal with it in a responsible and timely manner. 

Reply:   

I reject TFX International's response as they have failed to accept my insurance claim. 

Please accept my appreciation for the BBB's involvement towards an amicable solution. 
    Sincerely,

Customer response

07/12/2022

My Amended Reply - for your consideration. 

TFX international’s reply to my initial complaint fails to answer my complaint.  

My claim is somewhat simple; but amongst other things TFX International is now attempting to create a “Red Herring”;  their reply not only misleads and distracts from a relevant and important question but to the simplicity that this is an insurance claim.

If TFX International is not responsible for the damages to my car while it was in their care, then they should make that statement. 

“Did TFX International damage my vehicle while it was in their care” ?    TFX has not denied damaging my vehicle and given the amount of damage to the undercarriage as well as the pictures I forwarded to them and my immediate report,  have full knowledge that they did,  where in their reply they suggest that they did not. In failing to follow up with the insurance claim they have also failed to have their adjuster inspect the damage. 

TFX is shifting gears and are now alleging that either I or someone else signed for the vehicle therefore presenting an assumption that they are not responsible for the $9,661.81 in damages that they caused during transport. This did not happen and in the alternative that it did, it would not pardon them from the damages that they caused. To be clear anything that they could be relying upon however obtained through ***** or otherwise is in dispute. To escape any ******** charges TFX would simply shift gears alleging that any signature obtained would be for the purpose to constitute delivery; it becomes what it already is, a civil matter.   

My new concerns are on several fronts;  How easily TFX International has shifted the facts to lead to such an assumption in effect that in providing or alleging that anyone could legally sign away such negligence.  TFX and I had left the matter for filing the insurance claim for TFX manager “Adam” to return as he is responsible for filing insurance claims. I received several excuses for delays before I launched my complaint with the BBB. My expectations were upon submission of my claim for their insurance adjuster to inspect the damages as already reported to TFX. Instead TFX has effectively both delayed my claim and now attempting to mislead this mediation.     

Another front is how TFX International has maintained such a high rating while they abuse their clients. Therefore, I did some more in-depth research and have found numerous complaints that clearly contradict their standing of which if I was aware would never have hired them.   

A further front and one of deep concern, is that TFX International is dealing with their own insurance claims. Which leads me to the question; is TFX International even insured as they are simply refusing to forward any of the required forms or possibly even reporting it to their insurance which is a legal requirement in both Canada and the United States.  

Thank you for your time in this matter. 
Edited March 9 by Frank Rayner

• Mar 9Frank Rayner changed the title to TFX International Specialized Vehicle Transport - Watch Out For And Do Not Use As They Damage Vehicles - Give Poor Service And Their Motto Is : " WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE "

Frank Rayner

• Frank Rayner
  • Administrators
  • Author
  •  
I never give such a low rating, but this experience with TFX has been incredibly frustrating and disappointing. Late and unreliable pickup. Damaged side mirror and they won’t agree that it’s their fault. I don’t recommend this firm to anyone. I hope experiences for others have been better.
Details below:
After sending numerous emails, I somewhat understood how my car would be picked up from Calgary and delivered to Vancouver. Without me pressing for answers, no one provided a date range of when the car would be picked up or how long the transport would take. I believe this should be basic information which should be provided to the customer. Regardless, this is just the beginning.
Finally, On Oct 18th I received the date range provided by TFX (Oct 28th – Nov 2nd) for my car pickup and a transport time of 2-3 days.
On Oct 29th – I reached out to see if TFX can provide me a exact day so I can plan the pickup. They mentioned the truck driver would call on Nov 1st for a pickup on Nov 2nd.
Nov 1st – No call.
Nov 2nd Morning – I follow up twice to get an update. TFX responds that they will contact the driver quickly and provide a status update. NO status update was provided.
Nov 2nd Evening – The driver calls for the pickup (assuming TFX called their driver, but still not status update on what’s happening. They are already 1 day late, and we have to replan our days). The driver is adamant that he can only pickup the car on Nov 3rd at 12PM, no other time is possible. We somehow coordinate our workdays to work around the time for a pickup on Nov 3rd at 12PM.
Nov 3rd – Driver does not come at 12PM. We call the driver, and he says, he is running 2-3 hours late as he is picking up other cars. The driver eventually calls and shows up at 5PM, 5 hours late. As we load the car, the truck is completely empty. I have no idea what cars he has been picking up. The pickup is finished in about 45 mins. The driver leaves and provides the wrong car paperwork to us. The paperwork is for a completely different car and person. I email TFX and ask their driver as well to provide the correct paperwork. We really don’t want the car sent somewhere else in the world. No correct paperwork is provided.
Nov – Received the car on time (this was awesome), but slight damage on the side mirror.
December / January – I receive an aggressive call saying I haven’t paid them for the transportation. I told them they hadn’t sent any paper work and then eventually relaxed because it was their fault.
Present: They won’t agree to pay for my damage they caused, very disappointing.

Frank Rayner

• Frank Rayner
  • Administrators
  • Author
  •  
These guys lied about a huge dent in my fender....the initial inspection showed there was no dent but the TFX copy on the delivered end showed a dent on their paperwork...obviously added on because they dented the fender during transport and wanted to cover it up.
But get this, when I queried their copy of inspection report they tried to accuse me of calling them liars and hung up the phone on me....now thats customer service eh...
Dont ever use these guys for your vehicle transporting their customer service sucks and they tried to cover up their mistake of denting my fender....

Frank Rayner

• Frank Rayner
  • Administrators
  • Author
  •  

Rated 1 out of 5 stars
Feb 27, 2021

Very disappointing lack of customer care

Adequate start, very disappointing lack of customer care at the end.

In this particular delivery, a three week shipment from Florida to Alberta of a very well kept, 21 year old luxury car I had purchased, there were two items damaged. The TFX response has been defensive, disparaging and dismissive.

The seller was in hospital and the BOL (Bill of Lading) was signed by his wife. It alleges scratches in eleven locations. I cannot see one marked at the location of a serious scratch and there is no mention of a broken brake release handle. TFX claims the BOL is a legally binding document; that it indicates the serious scratch; and that the brake release was already broken. I was promised photographs of the car taken by the TFX driver at pickup. They now tell me that the driver deleted the photos: TFX said, "since the vehicle had already been delivered he had deleted them to save precious memory space on his phone"! Seriously? There’s an app for recovering deleted photos!

I am reminded of Price Pritchett's famous adage, "Everyone makes honest mistakes but there's no such thing as an honest cover up".

I am advised to avoid this kind of stress ... but I can still share my experience.

Ergo, one star for this job.

Date of experience: February 28, 2021

Frank Rayner

• Frank Rayner
  • Administrators
  • Author
  •  
Photo of Arcl N. Arcl N. Pennington, United States

Feb 26, 2016

One of the most miserable experiences I've ever had with a vendor. I had them ship a car from Ontario, CA to east coast US. Every aspect of dealing with them showed utter incompetence. From filling out the initial papers, to tracking the vehicle, to the delivery of the car and needed papers, to them not understanding a wire transfer, everything was done badly. They made the entire process ten times more difficult than it should have been. If your idea of fun is being waterboarded, go ahead and have them ship your car.

Frank Rayner

• Frank Rayner
  • Administrators
  • Author
  •  
Photo of Eric W. Eric W. Walnut Creek, United States

Feb 17, 2021

It's unfortunate that I have to write this however, it's important everyone know my experience. I have used TFX 3 times over the years, and had good success on the first two shipments. This review is about my 3rd shipment and the lack of responsibility that TFX is holding to make the situation right. Arriving the mooring after my wife gave birth , it was a dark gloomy rainy morning where the car was dirty and I didn't have much time to spend inspecting the car nor could I see anything under the given light conditions. I immediately drove the car to my driveway a few houses down and parked it until we had recovered, and I had some time to clean the car. When I finally got time to wash and inspect the car I noticed a long 12" scratch along the passenger side. Immediately confirming with the seller and the damage transport paperwork that these were not there before shipping. Reaching out to TFX, Adam investigated... After about a week of no response, I reached out to Adam to find out what was going on. He informed me that they would not be doing anything to correct the situation as I had waited and accepted the car. HIs offer was to have his detailer buff out the scratches if the car was shipped back to Toronto with them. Ironic, yes I know. Adam, did not acknowledge or deny the fact that the scratch was not on the paperwork instead commenting that the car has several scratches and chips. "If I must say, this is a 75k car that has lots of various damages on it as is evidenced by the inventory." Snark aside, I'll let you be the judge of this from the pictures below, I think it's obvious that one has nothing to do with the other and that damage done to the car in their possession is their responsibility. Please be warned should you chose to ship with TFX.

24x24_helpful_bulb_v2.yji-927d56e36e3a11
Helpful 1

24x24_thanks_v2.yji-1fec900fe14a2fa15c10
Thanks 0

24x24_love_this_v2.yji-e4b17143e9d097f34
Love this 0

24x24_oh_no_v2.yji-d19e61e9dc84c2e954c1.
Oh no 0

Frank Rayner

• Frank Rayner
  • Administrators
  • Author
  •  
Photo of Arcl N. Arcl N. Pennington, United States

Feb 26, 2016

One of the most miserable experiences I've ever had with a vendor. I had them ship a car from Ontario, CA to east coast US. Every aspect of dealing with them showed utter incompetence. From filling out the initial papers, to tracking the vehicle, to the delivery of the car and needed papers, to them not understanding a wire transfer, everything was done badly. They made the entire process ten times more difficult than it should have been. If your idea of fun is being waterboarded, go ahead and have them ship your car.

Frank Rayner

• Frank Rayner
  • Administrators
  • Author
  •  
Posted March 12 · IP  (edited)

SI-3633 - Frank Raynor - AJM CLASSICS-PAID.pdfSI-3633 - Frank Raynor - AJM CLASSICS-PAID.pdf14.81 kB · 1 download

Here is the invoice for partial damages due the breach of contract by FTX in both a image and pdf file.

Here is the email string response from their Lawyer:

WOULD YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY - IT APPEARS THE DO NOT HAVE CARGO INSURANCE AND ALL THEY DO IS DENY YOU ACCESS TO THE INSURER AND TO ACCEPT A CLAIM

THEY HAVE DONE 10'S OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS DAMAGES TO THIS CAR BY THEIR NEGLIGENCE

On Tuesday 12/03/2024 at 1:23 pm, David wrote:
Good Afternoon Mr. Rayner: 

Per our discussion yesterday, it is my clients position that it fulfilled its obligations under its agreement with you, and delivered the vehicle. It is not responsible for any of the alleged damage, which is not admitted, you are claiming. 

I see little value in arguing this matter over emails. If you believe that you have a claim against my client, then I will expect to hear from your counsel. 

Regards, 
David 

On Mar 12, 2024, at 3:47 PM, Frank Rayner <[email protected]> wrote:

David,

It has come to my attention that we are now  in receipt of and paid the bill from AJM Classics, which was necessitated by your client's breach of contract and subsequent excessive damages due to negligence. The attached invoice substantiates this claim.

It is imperative that you understand: your client bears full responsibility for settling this bill. The vehicle remains in storage at AJM Classics until my return to NB, as the damages have not been rectified to the requisite standard for a classic, one-of-a-kind car.

Let me elucidate further: the car underwent professional detailing to eradicate salt and corrosive sand from its entirety. Additionally, the frame underwent paint touch-ups to forestall further rusting. However, the damages persist and necessitate professional intervention. 

Despite their assurances that you clients were professionals, your client's actions have caused substantial harm.

Prior to the scheduled loading, the vehicle was meticulously prepared, both externally and internally, with thorough washing and detailing. Pictures taken some of which are attached on the loading day attest to this fact. Unfortunately, your client's truck failed to appear, further exacerbating the situation.

It is my decision to engage legal counsel in the Toronto region to adjudicate this matter in the appropriate jurisdiction. I intend to call upon witnesses from the said region who possess direct knowledge of your client's reckless actions, supported by photographic evidence.

It is worth noting that the counsel I have  decided to retain has a proven track record, having dealt with entities like TJX, and possibly yourself, in previous legal entanglements initiated by TFX.

I caution against pursuing meritless claims, as past experiences have shown such endeavors to be futile, but at the same time look forward to your advancing such so we can get on with this in a timely manner.

Expect further communication from me with additional details. However, I deemed it necessary to promptly provide you with this invoice for the partial damages to date.

Regards,

Frank Rayner 604-476-7777

--- Original message ---
Subject: RE: QUOTE REQUEST FRANK RAYNER 1964 DODGE POLARA TRANSPORT FROM BANCROFT ON TO CAMBRIDGE NARROWS NB
To: David XXXXX <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, 11/03/2024 9:03 PM

David:

I now have your undivided attention. I want to make it abundantly clear that I will cease all communication with any individuals associated with FTX. It's regrettable that your client's behaviour was not only callous and inappropriate but also led to the unnecessary escalation that finally compelled your response. But I will not backtrack on my extensive work done and being done to express my disdain for your client and their manor and method of operation as I sure the courts will agree.

I am further writing to express my extreme displeasure and profound dismay regarding the significant damage incurred by my vehicle during its transportation under the care of TFX's motor carrier services.

The condition in which my vehicle was moved and finally arrived is utterly unacceptable and reflects a blatant disregard for its integrity and value. As a devoted owner who takes meticulous care of my possessions, witnessing such extensive damage is nothing short of infuriating and deeply distressing.

I entrusted FTX with the responsibility of transporting my vehicle safely and securely, only to be met with an outcome that has left me utterly appalled. The damage inflicted on my vehicle demonstrates a shocking lack of professionalism and negligence on the part of their team.

Let me emphasize the significance of this vehicle's movement, ensuring that TFX is fully informed and aware of its unique provenance as an irreplaceable, one-of-a-kind vehicle. Today, lesser Hemi cars are fetching prices upwards of $500,000 USD at auctions, with some even surpassing the $1 million mark.

I am taking every measure to authenticate the car professionally, enlisting the expertise of Galen Govier, renowned as the foremost Mopar authenticator and expert globally. As someone who has owned and meticulously restored numerous Hemi cars, 440 six-pack cars, and various others, I deem this car invaluable, regardless of cost to me.

In response to Caitlin Horodnyk's inquiry, allow me to reiterate the exceptional nature of this vehicle. It's a unique 472 Hemi 4-speed car custom-built by Frank Elliot for his personal dream car, meticulously crafted with the finest components over a decade. Frank's recent passing ensures there will never be another vehicle of this caliber, tailored with such meticulous attention to detail, a true testament to the craftsmanship that only a true muscle car enthusiast could fully appreciate.

Furthermore, I will continue to provide evidence of the blatant breach of contact via email threads and strongly advise you to familiarize yourself with the Motor Carrier Act of Ontario. Your client is legally obligated to accept liability claims and provide their insurer's contact information upon request, both before and after any incident. Additionally, I will personally verify whether your client possesses the necessary motor carrier authority and insurance as mandated by the respective governing bodies across the three provinces.

Drawing from my extensive experience as the former owner and operator of AllTrac Transport Ltd, the largest Low Bed Heavy Haul carrier in the Province of BC from 1972 to 1992, I possess a comprehensive understanding of these regulations.

Regards,

Frank Rayner 604-476-7777

"It is a one off 472 Hemi 4 speed Car Custom Built by Frank Elliot for his dream personal car with the best of everything in it.

Took him 10 years to frame off it and put the best of everything in it and a I mean best of every thing.

He just finished it and then died - there will never be another one done to this attention to detail.

You would need to be a muscle car lover to appreciate it.

But there is nothing about it that would cause concern for your driver."

On Friday 26/01/2024 at 3:03 pm, Caitlin Horodnyk wrote:

Hi Frank,

What is custom about it? Can you elaborate? Can you send me a photo?

Sincerely,

Caitlin Horodnyk

TFX International

SPECIALIZED VEHICLE TRANSPORT ™®

TFX INTERNATIONAL OFFERS INDOOR STORAGE IN TORONTO.

11 City View Drive

Etobicoke, ON M9W 5A5

416.243.8531 EXT #215

www.tfxinternational.com

This email, including any attachments, is intended for the named person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, or have received this email without authorization, you are not permitted to read it or any attachments, nor are you permitted to copy, disclose, disseminate, distribute, or otherwise make use of this email or the information in this email for any purpose. Please notify the sender of the error and delete this email from your records. Thank you.

Sent: Friday, January 26, 2024 3:46 PM
To: 'Adam'
Cc: 'Caitlin Horodnyk'; 'Monica Illes'
Subject: QUOTE REQUEST FRANK RAYNER 1964 DODGE POLARA TRANSPORT FROM BANCROFT ON TO CAMBRIDGE NARROWS NB

Good afternoon Adam/Caitlin,

I have a quote request from Frank Rayner wanting to transport his 1969 Dodge Polara from Bancroft ON to Cambridge Narrows NB.

It is his own vehicle that he wishes to transport. He has had 5 years worth of custom work done to the car, claims it’s one of a kind, got our information from another customer of ours.

He can be reached at 604-476-7777 or by email [email protected]

Sincerely,

Jennifer Hibbs

Booking/Customer Service

TFX International

SPECIALIZED VEHICLE TRANSPORT ™®

11 City View Drive

Etobicoke, ON M9W 5A5

416.243.8531 ext. 217

www.tfxinternational.com

SEND ME YOUR CAR/TRUCK PHOTOS AND INSTAGRAM USERNAME FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED ON THE TFX INSTAGRAM @TFXSpecialized

TFX INTERNATIONAL OFFERS INDOOR STORAGE IN TORONTO.

This email, including any attachments, is intended for the named person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, or have received this email without authorization, you are not permitted to read it or any attachments, nor are you permitted to copy, disclose, disseminate, distribute, or otherwise make use of this email or the information in this email for any purpose. Please notify the sender of the error and delete this email from your records. Thank you.

SI-3633 - Frank Raynor - AJM CLASSICS-PAID.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

J’ai envoyé 3 véhicule à l’encan et ça m’a coûté $20,000 , compagnie non professionnel. Le chauffeur est arrivé 2 jour en retard . Il as eu un bris en face de mon commerce , il as fait un déversement d’huile hydraulique. Il as rien ramasser , ça causer l’intervention du ministère de l’environnement. Ça même passer au nouvel.
Sent 3 vehicles to auction cost me $20,000 unprofessional company. The driver arrived 2 days late. Broke in across from my business spilled hydraulic oil. He picked up nothing, it caused the intervention of the Ministry of the Environment. It's even going to the news.